Are you a bride in 2018? It goes without saying that as a bride, you want to look your absolute best on your wedding day. Everyone will be looking at you and taking pictures of you! Having your hair, lashes, eyebrows, and makeup done professionally will not only make you look your best but feel good too. Tame Your Mane takes pride in each and every bride that walks into our salon. Below is a checklist for you to look and feel great before your big day!
1. Start scouting for a makeup artist. Take your scrapbook or mood board (or whatever else you have) to your initial consultation, to offer some inspiration.
2. If you don’t already have a hairdresser you trust, start having consultations with reputable professionals in your area.
As soon as you’ve found a makeup artist and hairdresser, put down your deposit and pre-book some consultation dates to do at least one trial run.
1. Do a practice run with your makeup artist. If you want to go for a look that’s a bit of a departure from your go-to makeup style, consider experimenting with makeup by yourself to achieve your ideal look (or as close to it as you can manage). If you like what you see, take a photo and show it to your makeup artist so they can give you a professional, polished version of the look.
2. Try a few different makeup brands and types and find the best one for your skin. Our Dare luminous foundation will make you glow on your wedding day. Experimenting early on like this will prevent any allergic reactions or breakouts that’d otherwise take place right before your big day. Once you find the products you like, stick with them. If you have particularly sensitive skin, stick to hypoallergenic and organic products.
3. If you don’t already, start exfoliating once a week. Smooth skin will help your makeup look more natural.
4. If you’ve never had eyelash extensions before, we would recommend trying them out at least a few months before the wedding. Lash designs are not created equal, so you may want to try a few styles to see what you like best. It’s also helpful to have the lashes in place during your bridal makeup trial so you can see how they’ll complement your look.
1. Start hydrating those locks, with regular deep conditioning treatments.
2. Brides should give themselves at least two months before their wedding day to have the microblading done. But the bonus is the beautiful brows will last far beyond the honeymoon phase
1. Get your hair cut and colored, so that the ends can grow out a bit and sit naturally.
2. Have a final consultation with your makeup artist and nut out the fine details.
3. Every bride wants healthy and glowing skin for her wedding day and even on her honeymoon, and the Oxygen Facial will give glowing and younger looking skin.
What you need to know is that you need more than one session to start seein results, so it is a good idea to start with the Oxygen Facial one month before your wedding.
If your hair grows fast, consider having your regrowth colored again. Don’t do it too close to your wedding day.
Start whitening your teeth! We recommend our Advanced Whitening System Treatment at Tame Your Mane. We also have a take home kit, for optimal results.
2 Days Prior to The Big Day
1. Sit back and relax, your big day is almost here! Schedule a pedicure and manicure 2 Days before your wedding.
2. Two days before your wedding is an ideal time to get a spray tan. Giving yourself 48 hours will make sure that any excess tan is washed off thoroughly. This will keep any residue rubbing off your skin and onto your dress.
3. Get your eyelash extensions filled! Getting your lashes on is very relaxing — most people actually fall asleep during the process, so it’s a great chance to catch some beauty rest in the midst of the last-minute hustle and bustle.
The Big Day
1. Try to sit back and relax, as your makeup artist and hairdresser work their magic on you.
2. Take a look at how fabulous you are in the mirror, walk down the aisle, and watch your groom’s jaw drop when he sees you for the first time.